This past Wednesday, I gave another workshop on “Corporate Social Media Strategy”. As always, the presentation evolved a bit since the last time because the world of social media evolves so fast, and there are always new tools.
In this workshop, we explored the different social media channels that business can leverage, and how these channels can support their business goals. Specifically, we looked at:
- Blogging (for SEO)
- Blogger Outreach (online PR)
- Facebook Pages
- Facebook Ads
- LinkedIn (profiles, groups, and jobs)
- and Twitter
Here are the slides from this workshop, and below are some links to additional resources that you can use to learn more about SEO and Social media.
Also, here are some links to some additional reading that explores some of these topics more in depth.
Social Media Basics
- Corporate Social Media Policies Ebook — develop a Social Media policy for your business
- Beginner’s Guide to SEO — the most comprehensive (and readable) introduction to SEO, from the good folks at SEOmoz
- Leveraging Social Content for SEO — discover how a social content strategy can help your site also rank better on competitive terms
- 5 Tips for SEO & User-Friendly Copy — learn how to write content that both humans and search engines like
- Using Social Media to Boost Search Rankings — discover how Social Media influences search engine rankings
- Blended Search Optimization: Managing the Reputation of Your Brand — learn how SEO and content can help you manage your online reputation
- Twitter Cheat Sheet — download a PDF that explains the basic of Twitter
- Twitter Dictionary — expand your Twitter vocabulary
Latest posts by CT Moore (see all)
- Guest Lecture @ McGill: Local Online Marketing Strategies - April 12, 2016
- 5 SEO Rules for the Travel Industry - February 4, 2016
- Building a Brand Conscious Content Strategy - November 6, 2014