SEO for WordPress – Wordcamp Montreal 2012
This past weekend, I gave a presentation at Wordcamp Montreal called “SEO for WordPress”. In it, I explored:
how to use WordPress to maximize your chances of ranking for the terms that are most relevant to your content. Specifically, we’ll look at:
- Building a Keyword Targeted Category Taxonomy
- Key SEO Plugins
- Addressing Duplicate Content
The goal of this session was to give audience members (1) a firm grasp on the fundamentals of onsite SEO, and (2) an introduction to what themes and plugins can help them implement the SEO best practices I discussed. Based on the reaction from the audience and on Twitter, I like to think that I achieved just that.
But I also promised to share my slide deck with everyone. So here it is, along with some additional reading that some audience members (or current readers) might find interesting.
- How Your Social Content Strategy Can Support SEO
- 5 Tips for SEO & User Friendly Copy
- SEO for Massive Content Sites & Enterprise Level Publishers
- Free SEO Advice